AllianceUK Health and Safety Policy
Serving: Portsmouth, Cosham, Portchester, Fareham, Waterlooville, Hayling Island, Havant, Chichester, Gosport, Petersfield.
It is the policy of the Company to seek to provide safe and healthy working conditions, to encourage safe working methods and to enlist the active support of all personnel employed in achieving these ends.
- Prevent accidents and work related illness; safeguarding the health, safety and welfare of employees.
- Bring to the notice of all employees the safety policies of AllianceUK and of the Clients and the arrangements made for their health and safety at work.
- Consult and encourage feedback from employees on day to day health and safety issues.
- Provide the necessary information, training and supervision for safe working practices and the need to work safely.
- Have regard for the health and safety of those not employed by AllianceUK, but who may be affected by the AllianceUK's operations.
- Have emergency procedures in case of fire or other significant incidents.
Each Manager and Supervisor within ALLIANCEUK is responsible for instigating, monitoring and reporting on safety arrangements to the extent of their authority.
AllianceUK expects every employee to take reasonable care of the health and safety of his/herself, and other people who may be affected by their acts or omissions. To co-operate with management at any level in achieving safe working conditions and in complying with all relevant statutory provisions relating to health and safety at work. It is the responsibility of every employee to ensure the health and safety of themselves and others by:-
- Making themselves familiar with contents of the Health and Safety Policy and systems.
- The wearing of safety clothing defined as personal protective equipment and using equipment provided in a safe manner for which it is to be used.
- Conforming to both verbal and written instructions concerning health and safety.
- Reporting all accidents, whether persons are injured or not.
- Reporting all hazards, potential hazards or persons creating hazards.
- Co-operating with AllianceUK in seeing that regulations are observed, and where possible, making suggestions for their improvement.
AllianceUK accepts the responsibility, where appropriate, for:-
- Ensuring that all fire precautionary measures are taken in premises occupied by them and for the maintenance of free access to emergency escape routes.
- The control of contractors working on behalf of the Company and for the safety of other persons including members of the public, who come into direct contact with the AllianceUK's operations.
- Contractors and visitors on Company premises.